The contents of your cart have changed! The page will now reload.O.K.
Sustainable Clothing From Mother Earth
Have you ever wondered what impact the clothing you wear has on our environment? We did, and that's why hemp is our primary focus.
At Hemp Momma we are guided by the principle “leave it better than you found it.” Every decision concerning our materials and manufacturing process is made with that in mind. We believe style and sustainability should go hand-in-hand. We blend hemp, one of the oldest and most sustainable natural fabrics with complementary yarns to offer appealing products that are soft, comfortable and gentle for the planet.
It Starts with How It’s Made
We are committed to creating clothing that respects both people and the planet. Currently, the vast majority of hemp is grown, milled and processed in Asia. The U.S. is now ramping up its infrastructure to compete globally since the legalization of hemp production in 2018. Hemp Momma is exploring domestic collaborations in the U.S. to support hemp farmers and contribute to the new hemp industry. Meanwhile, we are proud of our manufacturing partners in Asia and their passion for hemp, fair labor practices, safe working conditions, and environmental stewardship. We take every step possible to ensure you can feel good wearing our clothes. Here are some of our factory certifications:
- Forced Labor: There will be no use of forced labor, whether in the form of prison labor, indentured labor, bonded labor or otherwise.
- Child Labor: No person shall be employed at age younger than 15 or younger than the age for completing compulsory education in the country of manufcture where such age is higher than 15.
- Harassment, Abuse and Violence: Every employee will be treated with respect and dignity. No employee will be subject to any physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse.
- Nondiscrimination: No person will be subject to any discrimination in employment, including hiring, salary, benefits, advancement, discipline, termination or retirement, on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, or social or ethnic origin.
- Health and Safety: Employers shall provide a safe and healthy working environment to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, linked with, or occurring in the course of work or as a result of the operation and employer facilities. The employer shall take a proactive approach to health and safety by including policies, systems and training designed to help prevent accidents, injuries and protect worker health
- Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining: Workers must be free to join organizations of their own choice. Employers will recognize and respect the right of employees to freedom of association and collective bargaining.
- Wage and Benefits: Employers shall recognize that wages are essential to meeting employees’ basic needs. Employers shall pay employees at least the minimum wage required by local law. Employers shall provide mandated benefits as directed by the laws of the country.
- Hours of Work: Except in extraordinary business circumstances, employees shall not be required to work more than the lesser of 60 hours per week or the limits on regular and overtime hours allowed by the law of the country of manufacture. Except in extraordinary circumstances, employees shall be entitled to at least one day of rest in every 7 day period.
- Overtime Compensation: In addition to their compensation for regular hours of work, employees shall be compensated for overtime hours at such premium rate as is legally required in the country of manufacturer or, in those countries where such laws do not exist, at a rate at least equal to their regular hourly compensation rate.
- Environmental Standards: Factories shall have written environmental policies and standards and must comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations. Factories shall continuously monitor their production process including those related to emissions, discharges and disposal of wastes. Factories shall take a progressive approach to minimize negative impacts on the environment.
- Subcontracting: All subcontractor facilities must be pre-approved by the manufacturer. Supplier shall have documentation of this approval available.
- Documentation and Review: The supplier maintains on file all documentation necessary to demonstrate compliance with this Code of Conduct and required laws; agrees to make documents available to our customers or its designated monitor; and agrees to submit to inspections with or without prior notice.
Mother Earth Approved
At Hemp Momma, we harness the energy of Mother Earth to turn hemp, a natural fabric, into beautiful clothing you will love.
This renewable super fiber is naturally pest resistant and doesn’t deplete the soil. It’s very durable and stronger than cotton and linen. Hemp uses minimal water and does not require pesticides or herbicides.
Earth friendly. Easy care. Resilient. Comfy. Welcome to Hemp Momma.
Look Good & Love the Earth
We are fun-loving and inspired by the simple things in life. We are passionate about hemp, sustainability and people, and our work has just begun. We didn’t choose the easiest path, but our conscience tells us we chose the best path forward.
Whether you want to work, play, lounge or explore, Hemp Momma has got you covered. You’ll love the way you look!